Collingdale Fire Company #1 is located at 510 Clifton Ave. in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, approximately 8 miles from Center City, Philadelphia. Collingdale Fire Co. #1 was established in 1906 and has been providing Fire protection services to the communities of Collingdale and Aldan since that time. It provides Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) services to Collingdale and Aldan. ALS service is also provided to the boroughs of Glenolden and Norwood. Collingdale Fire Co. #1 provides these services on a mutual aid or “as needed” basis to the surrounding communities. The Fire Company apparatus consists of one (1) aerial/ladder truck, two (2) engines/pumpers, two (2) ambulance transport units, and one (1) ALS rendezvous unit. The company as a whole averages 350 fire calls and 2,500 medical emergencies per year. Collingdale Fire Co. #1 has approximately 150 members on the roster. Of these approximately 30% still respond actively to Fire and EMS emergencies. The Fire service is 100% volunteer while the EMS responders are a compliment of volunteers and paid staff of EMT’s and Paramedics. All responders, both Fire and EMS support our 24 hour/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year protecting and servicing its residents.
Collingdale Fire Co. #1 is an organization of dedicated volunteers who strive for the preservation of life and property in the communities we serve. As a company, we will invest in our community and our membership to meet the needs of both, now and in the future. We will continuously look to preserve our future as Collingdale Volunteer Fire Co. #1 through our dedication to excellence and our commitment to service. We plan to fulfill this mission through;